Reveille Men's Chorus, Tucson's internationally recognized men's chorus, is in its 21st year of changing lives through music. What began in 1995 as a gay men's community chorus with an array of singers, has grown, transitioned and taken flight into a community institution of seasoned performers focused on building relationships, community, and a performance experience incomparable to any other here in Southern Arizona.
Reveille has traveled to perform at four “Gay And Lesbian Association” of Choruses National Conferences in San Jose, Montreal, Miami, and Denver, as well as internationally to Mexico and Brazil to raise money for local GLBT organizations. This past May 2014, Reveille went to Mexico to participate in “Voices Without Borders,” sharing the stage with the Puerto Vallarta Gay Men’s Chorus, Mexico’s first gay men’s chorus, who's founders were inspired to start the group after Reveille’s initial visit to Puerto Vallarta in 2007.
Under the leadership of artistic director Shawn Cullen, Reveille continues to grow, not only in size, but in musical excellence through community outreach, volunteer work and musical productions including Reveille’s debut performance with the Tucson Symphony Orchestra in 2013.
OUR MISSION - "Changing Lives Through Music"
Reveille Men’s Chorus has had a mission for 20 years dedicated to musical excellence and performs worldwide to promote human rights, diversity and a world free of AIDS. Now looking forward we pledge to a continued mission, simply, “changing lives through music”, both the audience and singers of Reveille Men’s Chorus.
- To be widely known for artistic excellence in the performance of chorus repertoire
- To be chorus ambassadors building global harmony and well being through song
- To nurture a caring inclusive community locally and internationally through our outreach programs
- To celebrate diversity and individual worth in our quest for equal rights for all
- To provide focus and direction in terms of HIV/AIDS education and prevention